FAQ: Before Purchasing an Invisible Fence® Brand System
Here at Invisible Fence® Brand, we know, understand, and appreciate pet owners doing their research before making any pet-related purchases. It's not uncommon to have a list of questions before scheduling your free consultation with Invisible Fence® Brand, some of these questions may include: "Can I take my system with me if I move?", "how long does the wire last?", or "can weather affect my control panel/fence?". We have created the top 10 most frequently asked questions you might have before purchasing Invisible Fence® Brand!
1. Can my Invisible Fence® Brand System be moved after installation?
Yes! Our system can be moved if you decide to reassess the boundary your pet needs or wants. To move an existing system, make an appointment with a local dealer and a technician will be out to relocate the Invisible Fence® Brand system. We don't recommend owners dig up and move wires themselves as it can cause a break in the system and disconnect the fence.
>>> Click Here to Schedule a Service Appointment
2. What type of terrain can an Invisible Fence® Brand system be installed on?
Almost any terrain! We can lay or bury the boundary line on most terrains. The only area we won't be able to lay a boundary is an area where iron or steel is abundant. Our Certified Technicians can install the Invisible Fence boundary wire even through lakes, streams, or creeks to keep your pet away from the water, or only allow them to enter the shallow sections.
If you have a property over 5 acres, we highly recommend Invisible Fence® Brand's GPS Wireless Dog Fence.
3. Can an Invisible Fence® Brand system be installed in the water and is it waterproof?
Our Certified Technicians can install the Invisible Fence® Brand boundary wire through lakes, streams, or creeks to keep your pet away from the water, or only allow them to enter the shallow sections. And yes, with an Invisible Fence® Brand Power Cap® Battery in place, the Computer Collar® Unit is waterproof and can be submerged in water up to 10 feet. If the nylon collar strap becomes wet, it is recommended that it be removed from your pet and allowed to air dry before replacing the collar on your pet’s neck.
4. How does the Invisible Fence® Brand system installation work across my driveway?
Depending on the type of driveway you have (concrete, asphalt, gravel, brick), the method changes. Our Certified Technicians have experience installing wire across all driveway surfaces.
5. Does the underground wire break down over time?
It takes a VERY long time for the underground wire to break down. We recommend staying away from digging, running heavy machinery, cutting, or aerating the grass around the underground wire. The loop wire from Invisible Fence Brand should last around or over 25 years if properly taken care of and left undisturbed.
6. How much power does an Invisible Fence® Brand system use?
Similar to a 5-watt night light, about $10 per year.
7. How will my neighbors know my Invisible Fence® Brand system is working?
Seeing is believing! Your neighbors won't have a visual or physical way of knowing if your Invisible Fence® Brand system is working, but when they see your pet stopping at their boundary, they'll see that the fence is functioning as it should. Before letting your pet out, we always recommend that you check that their Computer Collar® Receiver has a charged battery and is fitted properly. We also recommend keeping an eye on your pet while they're outside. Remember, Invisible Fence® Brand is not intended to keep others out, but to keep your pet safely contained inside their boundaries.
After installation, you will be provided with a yard sign to inform neighbors that your pet is safely contained on your property by an Invisible Fence® Brand system.
8. Does an Invisible Fence® Brand system work with a traditional fence?
Yes! Invisible Fence® Brand boundary wire can be installed along an existing fence for reinforcement from digging, jumping, or getting out of an open gate. Our Pet Safety Professionals can aid you in the design of your system.
9. Are Invisible Fence® Brand products compliant?
- RoHS - All Invisible Fence® Brand products comply with RoHS 2 directives.
- CE - All Invisible Fence® Brand products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA) are CE compliant and have the CE mark.
- FCC - All Invisible Fence® Brand products required to conform to FCC rules are tested and certified at an independent testing facility. All product models are marked with a unique FCC ID number.
- IC - All Invisible Fence® Brand products sold within Canada and required to conform to Industry Canada rules are tested and certified at an independent testing facility. All product models are marked with a unique IC number.
10. Can a storm knock out my Invisible Fence® Brand system?
When the power is out, your Invisible Fence® Brand system will continue to operate with the optional battery backup. If the power outage lasts an hour or more, consider alternate methods of containment. Just like any electronic equipment, the Control Panel can get surge damage during an electrical storm. The Control Panel is protected by an external surge protector and onboard surge suppression, however, nothing is guaranteed in an electrical storm. The loop wire can also be damaged by surging stormwater. Remember, if your pet goes out in the rain, remove the nylon strap of the collar and allow it to dry completely before placing it back on your pet.
Now that you have the answers to our top 10 most commonly asked questions, click the button below to schedule your free no-obligation consultation and get your pet one step closer to outdoor freedom and safety!
For any other Invisible Fence® Brand questions, please don’t hesitate to call your local Invisible Fence® Brand dealer or contact Customer Support.